Monday 1 May 2017

Reflection term 1 2017

Image result for reflection thinking
Term 1 reflection 2017

Writing
This term in literacy I learnt that I have set up my spelling book really well so now it is easier for people to read. I am proud of this term in literacy that my handwriting is much neater because last year my handwriting was horrible so it is so easier to read my own work and to understand more. Also the teachers can read my writing now.I found challenging in writing was to make more interesting topics and stories . Because I don’t get many ideas in my head so I need more inspiration.Next term I will write more of my spelling words and word of the days in my writing books because then my stories will be better.

Maths
This term I learnt in maths some new strategies that Miss Coles taught the whole class- to use a positive number line and expanded place value partitioning. I am proud this term in maths with maths inquiry because it's fun and challenging at the same time. Also what I like in maths inquiry was how you get to do to the reflection in maths inquiry because you look back at it and you see how much you have learnt in the past. I found doing those two maths inquiry extensions (The Anna maths inquiry and Sir Edmund Hillary inquiry) challenging this term which was all about meters so it was pretty hard for me. Next term I will do the extensions to push my learning because I didn’t do those two extensions last term so next term I will do it.

Reading

This term what I learnt in reading was that David Walliams' books are really good for me to read because now I really like reading because of those books.This term what I found challenging was to become a more confident reader aloud to other people and that was my goal but l haven’t achieved it yet because we didn’t look at our goals at all because we were too busy. This term I am proud that I understand more words in books because of the words of the day and spelling words from Danks Davis and also spelling words in school. Next term I will read more to my Dad and myself at home and at school because that means I can spend more time practicing to be a more confident reader aloud to my Dad and other people.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!
    Great reflection.
    I like how you were honest showed your goals in it too.
    But some of it didn't quite make sense to me so next time try to go through through with a buddy if you didn't already.
    I also liked how you laid it out.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Crazy chocolate man

WALT have more structure to my stories. Dear Crazy chocolate man Today its a very Import day because it is my happy cheerful birthday toda...